NappyT MTB

My blog about mountain biking.

Just add water...

Published by NappyT under on 9:00 PM
I have been off my bike for almost 6 months now and I am paying the price both physically and mentally. I have been stretching myself way to thin lately and have decided a few things need to go and mountain biking needs to come back. I am so out of balance right now with my life its not even cool, the stress level is nuts.

I pulled my bike out from the back of the garage and started getting it ready to ride. Added air to the tires, shock and fork. I had installed my platforms a while back because I thought I might ride at lunch. Since I have been working through my lunches for the last few months that never happened. I forgot how much I hate platforms. I did about two loops around the hood and ripped them off. I installed my clipless and the world was right again.

Since I am so out of shape and the mad skills I never had are gone, I wasn't sure where to adjust everything. I decided I would baseline everything and just bring my tools with me for the first few rides. I set my shock to my weight (thx for the tip Doug). I usually go for the 35mm of sag but being a Clyde everything has to be harder. I bottom out the shock to easy at that low of a psi. I tried it at my weight, which was a first, and what a difference. I still need to dial in the compression damping but that isn't hard. The fork I am trying about half my weight which feels about right. But I will need to get the compression damping set on that too. I usually run my tires at 30-35 psi but I'm starting out at 40 psi for now. With the 2.35 front and rear I want to see if I can take a little work out of the climbs without losing it in the soft stuff.

I have a short ride planned for after work Tuesday in the foothills. At this point all I want to do is get some trail time and get everything dialed in before the weekend. I have all me gear packed and ready to ride. All I need to do is just add water to my Camelbak and roll out the door.

For my first couple rides I'm going to hang close to home and just cruse the horse trails around town. I am thinking about riding either Sycamore, LPQ or Hodges this weekend . I'll have to see what my calendar looks like later in the week.

See you on the trail!

2 comments:

Jeremy said... @ October 28, 2008 at 9:46 AM

Dude ride with me and Mike on Saturdays or Sundays...

NappyT said... @ October 28, 2008 at 10:09 AM

I was going to call you about that Friday. TXT me the details if you guys ride this weekend.

I'm going to hit Sycamore today after work and just ride the lower singletrack inside the preserve.

Post a Comment

 

Followers