NappyT MTB

My blog about mountain biking.

Cut 10 minutes of my last loop at Sycamore today.

Published by NappyT under on 6:58 PM
I rode Sycamore Canyon again today. I did the same 4 mi loop as Tuesday. This time I did the loop without stopping and cleared the climb back to the car. Tuesday I only made it to the second to last bend on the climb back.

Tuesday it took 40 minutes to do the 4 mi loop. Today it took less than 30 minutes to do the same loop. Since my loop takes less than 30 minutes, I'm going to add Martha's Grove into the loop next week. I have been avoiding Martha's because of the extra climbing, and the two sections I have never been able to clear. I would like to avoid as much hike-a-bike as I can. But since I ride solo, I'm not going to push my luck, and try to clear those two sections, this soon after starting to ride again.

I think I'm going to ride Sycamore every Tuesday and Thursday after work. The wife is being very cool and letting me get an hour of playtime after work those days. So looks like I'll be spending a lot of time there which is cool. It seems to work out with my schedule right now.

I'm looking forward to hitting a different trail this weekend. I saw one of my riding buddies today and he's going to be riding Daley Sunday morning. Wife gave me a "get out of a birthday party" free card for Saturday, but I have another party I have to attended later that afternoon, so I might ride LPQ in the morning. We'll have to see what works out.

In just the two rides I can see an improvement even if I can't feel it. I know I have a ways to go but I think if I can ride 3 or 4 days a week it will get easier. I also have the option to ride every other Friday, so I think I'm going to pass on riding today, since it's Halloween and I have family coming over this evening. So that gives me next Friday to plan a ride.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers